Health Benefits of Manuka Honey
- For centuries honey has been recognised as having beneficial health-giving qualities due largely to an enzyme activity.
- Scientific research at New Zealand’s University of Waikato discovered that some strains of New Zealand manuka honey contains an extraordinary,naturally present, very stable and more powerful unique antibacterial activity not found in any other variety of honey.
- This unique antibacterial activity is a non-peroxide activity and comes from the nectar of the manuka flower – it is quite distinct from the enzyme/peroxide activity that is common to most honeys.
- This special non-peroxide antibacterial activity sets Manuka Honey apart as one of nature’s true wonderfoods.
- But this special unique non-peroxide activity is not in all manuka honey. (source : makukahoney.com)
* Skin health
* Supports digestive health
* Enhancing general health & energy
Medicinal Properties –
* Assisting the body’s natural healing of minor wounds, ulcers, infections
* Fights blemishes, rashes and infections on the skin
* Acts as an anti-fungal
* Helps kill yeast in the body
Many vitamin shops carry Manuka Honey. It can also be found at Whole Foods. I recommend Manuka Honey from New Zealand!