Tahini Buffalo Burger with Black Rice, Kelp Noodles, and Seaweed!
Do you get bored of the same old healthy meals and think there is no way to break out of the box? Here is an easy, fun and really delicious way to spice up your healthy eating plan while adding much needed nutrients and antioxidants!
Food is the best medicine! Any time you can take preventive measures with your health I encourage it! Here’s one of my newest recipes that is not only yummy but also helps your body be and stay well!
Rich in antioxidants, nutrients such as iodine (supports thyroid function) and rich in omega acids, this recipe is a good one to cycle into your nutrition on a weekly basis.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cook until tender.
- Drain broccoli and place in a large bowl.
- Put ground buffalo into a bowl and crack the egg on top.
- Mix using your hands.
- Divide ground buffalo into four sections and use your hands to shape into patties
- Lay each patty in a pan.
- Cook on medium-high to desired doneness level.
- Boil water on stove and add black rice. Allow to cook until rice is done.
- Remove from heat and drain. Add rice to bowl.
- Add kelp noodles, and seaweed to pot of hot water and cook on high for a few minutes (no need to bring to a boil, just warm them up. The less you cook them the better as they will retain more of their nutrients).
- Drain and add to bowl with other ingredients (rice & broccoli).
- Mix together.
- Mix tahini and miso dressing together. Mix half of the sauce mixture together and put half to the side.
- Slice avocado into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Dish out a serving of the rice, noodle and seaweed mixture onto a plate, place a cooked buffalo burger on top.
- Add 1/2-1 tablespoon of the sauce to the top of the burger and then lay the avocado slices around or next to the burger.
- Serve and enjoy!
This can also be made without the rice if you are doing a grain free diet; however, if you exclude rice we recommend you include an alternative fiber source like black beans to get in healthy starches!!!!
Recipe serves 4